ComDrvS7 is a universal communication driver library for Simatic S7 controllers. The following devices are fully supported: S7-300/400/1200/1500, LOGO! and VIPA controllers (300S, 200V, 100V). ComDrvS7 can be used to directly access (read&write) the memory of the PLC.
ComDrvS7 can be applied for plenty of applications, just to name a few: write data blocks from a WLD file to the PLC (and vice versa), read out the PLC serial number, read/write the PLC internal clock, copy data from RAM to ROM, switch the PLC between RUN/STOP modes, backup and restore the PLC, delete a memory block, and many more.
As a 32/64 bit Windows DLL library, ComDrvS7 is compatible with all popular high-level programming languages:
- Visual Basic and Visual Basic .NET
- Visual C++
- Visual C# (one .NET class included in the package)
- Borland C++, Borland Builder
- Borland Delphi
- LabVIEW (from version 8 upwards)
The latest version of the software is ComDrvS7 V6.
ComDrvS7 V6 main features:
- Available as 32/64 bit Windows DLL library and as .NET assembly
- Without any other drivers can connect to S7 PLC-s, via TCP/IP, NETLink++, NETLink-PRO, IBH-Link, IBH-Link++
- Built-in examples for Visual Basic 2006, Visual Basic .NET, VC++, C#, Excel, Embarcadero C++, Delphi
- Supports numerous MPI/DP Interfaces: serial MPI-Adapter, USB MPI-Adapter, NetLink-Lite, NetLink-Pro Ethernet, Siemens MPI/DP
- Read and write various operands (Input, Output, Timer, Counter, Data)
- ReadMix / WriteMix functions: read/write different addresses with optimizations, with one function call
- Connect to multiple PLC-s at the same time
- Backup & Restore of the PLC (only in ComDrvS7-Extended edition)
- Plenty of additional functions: copy RAM to ROM, read/write clock, switch RUN/STOP mode, converter functions (eg. BYTE to REAL), read the states of LEDs, read/write flags, and many more.
Communication with S7-300 in Visual Studio C#
ComDrvS7 is available in multiple editions:
*** ComDrvS7-Lite edition: can only access DBs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Which PLC models are supported by ComDrvS7? A: ComDrvS7 and ComDrvS7-Lite support S7-300/400/VIPA, S7-1200, S7-1500 PLC product families, ComDrvS7-Micro supports S7-1200 and LOGO! controllers. ComDrvS7-Extended supports all of these devices.
Q: How can I receive my ComDrvS7? A: First simply download the free demo version from this page. Then after we receive your order, we send you a serial number in email. With that serial number you can easily upgrade your demo version to full version.
Q: Which languages are supported by ComDrvS7? A: The following languages are available: English, German.
Q: Under which operation systems can ComDrvS7 run? A: The software can run reliably under Windows 10 (32/64 bit), Windows 8 (32/64 bit), Windows 7 (32/64 bit), Windows XP (32 bit). All these operation systems are supported in Home/Pro/Ultimate editions.